Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday Cat Blogging...

Yeah, I know. It's been done. And better.

There's a Victorian house, light olive with pine green trim, that I always hike by on my way to the pool. One sunny day, a hugely fat cat caught my eye there. The tabby-striped varmint was sunning itself on a concrete pillar next to the sidewalk. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!"

It didn't move. The largest cat I've seen in a year -- 18 or 19 lbs. Barely able to wiggle it's fat at me and roll up a lip to sneer when I scratched it's belly. As I started petting it, another cat burst out of the hedge and ran up to my ankles. And another. And another. All fat. The fattest as big as Queen Elizabeth's corgis. Eight O-B-E-S-E pavement panthers milling about at my feet in no time.
Were these animals all sidewalk sluts?
"Pet me!"
"No! Pet me!"
I don't think so. I think it was almost dinnertime and no one was going to miss the chance that I might have a can opener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home